Microsoft has just released Cumulative Update 2 (CU2) for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager! I discovered this via a tweet from Robert Marshall, a Microsoft MVP in Enterprise Client Management (ECM). There are two Microsoft Support documents that detail the changes in CU2:
- General fixes in the Configuration Manager product (KB2970177)
- Improvements to the Configuration Manager PowerShell module (KB2962855)
Some of the highlighted fixed/improvements from CU2 are as follows:
- Content Management: Fix for an issue where Configuration Manager clients do not properly fall back to Distribution Points that are not preferred.
- Content Management: Fix for: Driver packages cannot be downloaded to Pull Distribution Points when the name of the source share ends in a backslash character.
- Remote Control: Fix for: A paste operation fails when you try to copy files from a Windows Server 2012 R2 computer to a Windows 8.1 client computer in a Configuration Manager Remote Control session
- Admin Console: When you view the Primary Device that is associated with a user, you may see other devices that have the same name, even if they are associated with a different user.